From margaritas to Mother’s Day to mental health month, there is a lot going on in the month of May! Community is important to us, so we’d like to share some of these things that might interest you. Check out the fun happenings on the events calendar we’ve curated for you below to celebrate all that May has to offer!
May 5, 2023
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with one of these awesome twists on a margarita with a delicious recipe from VinePair:
Don’t want to make your own? Here are some happening spots to celebrate…
- Hoptown Brewing Co., Mooresville, NC: Cinco de Mayo Weekend Kickoff! We are kicking off Cinco de Mayo and the whole weekend with our “Cross the Lime” lime lager! We will be serving up Micheladas, and have the Muchachos Tacos food truck on site 5-9pm! Live music starts at 7pm with Steve Brown in the house. So wear your sombero and let’s do this! – Saturday Salsa Competition – Sunday Spring Market Sip & Shop. Click for More Info
- ¡Fiesta Crawl! (SouthEnd, NoDa, Plaza-Midwood), Charlotte, NC: On Friday May 5th, grab your amigos and go to the Historic South End, Noda, and Plaza Midwood Neighborhoods. Age 21+. Admission to all 25+ bars and breweries, Exclusive Drink Specials, Awesome swag & giveaways from partners, and so much more! Click for More Info & Tickets
- Cinco de Mayo Bash at Barley Market, Hickory, NC: Join us for this annual day of celebration! Enjoy awesome music from Dani Kerr & The Skeleton Crew from 8-11, Food from Hot Dogs for All from 6-9, and lots of Mexican beer specials!!! Click for More Info
May 6, 2023
- Paint with Patch’s, The Red Barn Marketplace, Denver, NC: Hand made gift are the best! Come out and paint a vase or coffee cup to give mom a custom gift, or have her join you for an early Mother’s Day activity. $22/person includes pottery piece, paint/supplies and firing. Click for More Info & For Pre-Registration Details
- Spring Bark Festival, Hickory, NC: The Hickory Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism Department, in partnership with the Humane Society of Catawba County, will host the Spring Bark Festival on Saturday, May 6, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fairbrook Optimist Dog Park. Bring your dog and the whole family out to enjoy pet-friendly activities. Click for More Info
May 7, 2023
- Girl Tribe Pop-Up, Alexander Homestead, Charlotte, NC: Support women-led businesses while doing your shopping for Mother’s Day gifts! You will find a wide variety of vendors at this event with everything from jewelry to unique artisan-produced gifts for mom. Come out enjoy this ultimate shopping experience! More Info & Tickets
May 8, 2023 – May 12, 2023
- National Teacher Appreciation Week: Do you have school-age children? Don’t forget to show some extra appreciation for teachers this week! One way you can do that is by visiting The Temple Team’s Facebook or Instagram page the week of May 8th-12th to nominate your favorite educator for our prize pack drawing. Please be sure to include name, school and city in your nomination since we cover a wide service area.
May 13, 2023
- 23rd Annual Asian Festival and Dragon Boat Race, Cornelius, NC: This is an annual family-oriented event for the Asian and non-Asian community in and around Mecklenburg County and throughout the Carolinas. The festival celebrates Asian cultures, diversity, ethnicity, roots and history. The Annual Charlotte Dragon Boat Festival Race is an exciting team competition. Dragon boat racing originated over 2,300 years ago in southern China! Click Here For More Information
- Charcuterie Workshop in honor of Mother’s Day, Nailed It DIY Studio, Hickory, NC: Learn how to arrange a beautiful and tasty charcuterie board! Workshop includes a 12″ round tray with choice of design and colors and all the yummy food to make your own charcuterie spread. More Info & Registration
May 14, 2023
Mother’s Day 2023. Celebrate the moms in our lives for all that they do for us!
Here are some ideas for places go and things to do…
- How to Spend Mother’s Day in Lake Norman: Visit Lake Norman has compiled a list of great ideas across the Lake Norman region to help make Mother’s Day a really special one this year from sending her a care package to treating her to a nice dinner from her favorite restaurant. Click Here For List
- Mother’s Day Brunch 2023, Charlotte, NC: Charlotte Magazine has put together a list of fantastic places to take mom to brunch. From buffets to special menus, there are a variety of options to choose from. Click for More Info
May 24, 2023
- Blood Drive, Hickory, NC: The Hickory Hub and Tami Fox of The Temple Team (Keller Williams Unified) will be hosting a blood drive for One Blood from 10AM – 3PM at 375 Main Ave NE, Big Red Bus, Hickory, NC 28601. Donors will receive a $20 e-gift card and a water bottle. Register to Donate Blood By Clicking Here
May 26, 2023 – May 28, 2023
- Foodees Food and Culture Festival, Cornelius, NC: Join us for a long weekend of culinary delight and cultural exploration at the Foodees Food and Culture Festival at the Lake Norman YMCA in Cornelius, NC. Get ready to indulge in the best flavors and experiences that North Carolina has to offer at this free festival! There will be a variety of food trucks, vendors, artists, artisans, crafters, and makers all showcasing their skills at this event. Click Here for More Info & Ticketing Details
The Month of May 2023
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, a time to raise awareness about mental health and to encourage people to seek help if they are struggling. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and it is something that everyone should take care of. If you personally are struggling with your mental health, please know that you are not alone. For more information and national resources, click here. For more information on a more local level (central Carolinas), click here to get started. There are many resources available to help you or your loved ones, and we all deserve to feel our best!